Terms & conditions
GOODS & SERVICES AGREEMENT (TERMS & CONDITIONS)
“The Catering Services Booking Form” requests from the Hirer basic personal information together with the number of guests that are to attend the Event.
“The Catering & Drinks Package” means the catering and drinks package as set out in Schedule 3. “The Catering Services Deposit” is the fee to be paid by the Hirer on entering into this contract and shall be the sum agreed between the parties and entered on the Catering Booking Form.
“The Due Date” is the date stated on any invoice as the date for payment.
“The Event” is the wedding or other function to be held at the Venue and provided by the Provider.
“The Event Date” is the date upon which the Event is due to take place.
“Additional Requirements” are the provision of goods and/or services in addition to the provision of the Venue and Standard Goods and/or Services. Further details can be found in Schedule 2.
“The Final Date” is 4 weeks before the Event.
“The Final Details” are to be agreed, if possible, three months prior to the Event Date but no later than the Final Date. No changes will be agreed thereafter.
“The Final Numbers” are to be provided no later than 28 days prior to the event (‘the final date’). Any additions after that date will be charged separately or on the final invoice.
“The Final Invoice” is sent to the Hirer and itemises the cost for the Event (whether paid in full or otherwise), and for providing the Standard Goods and/or Services, Additional Requirements (if applicable) and any other costs incurred. The Final Invoice must be paid by the Final Date.
“The Hirer” is any person firm or company who enters into a contract for the provision of Standard Goods and/or Services, Additional Requirements and the Venue with the Provider.
“The Incidental Costs” will include, but is not restricted to, any reasonable costs incurred by rectifying damage of any kind, including any extra cleaning costs, and payment of outstanding sums due to the Provider of any kind stemming from the booking of the Venue or incurred during the Event including outstanding bar tabs and additional staff hire.
“Interest” may be payable on any amount overdue calculated on a daily basis at the rate of 4% above the Bank of England base rate from the day after the Due Date until payment is made
“The Provider” is Alrewas Hayes Events Ltd, Alrewas Hayes Farm, Alrewas Hayes, Burton-on-Trent, DE13 7DL.
“The Reconciliation Invoice” is sent to the Hirer after the Event and itemises any Incidental Costs deducted from the Reimbursement Deposit together with any further costs incurred or outstanding.
“The Reimbursement Deposit” is the sum of £600 (Inclusive of VAT) to cover Incidental Costs. This will be payable at the final invoice.
“The Planning Document” is a record of all the details of the Event, which includes the provision of the Standard Goods and/or Services, the Catering, including guest numbers, Additional Requirements (if applicable) and any other relevant details and is sent to the Hirer no later than the Final Date
“The Standard Goods and/or Services” include provision of items as stated in Schedule 1.
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS THE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HIRER TO BOOK THE REGISTRAR (if required).
“Cancellation Insurance” THE HIRER IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO TAKE OUT CANCELLATION INSURANCE; which may protect the Hirer from costs which may arise in unforeseen circumstances, for example, an emergency where there is no other option but to cancel a booking.
“The Venue” means the venue as described in the Catering Booking Form.
- Basis of Sale
- The Provider and Hirer contract on these Terms and Conditions only and any contract for the provision of services by the Provider shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be valid for the term commencing with the date they are entered into until the Provider is in receipt of payment of the Reconciliation Invoice or until cancelled under clause 14.
- Except as expressly provided for in this agreement, no variation or amendment of this agreement or verbal promise or commitment related to it shall be valid unless committed to writing and signed by all parties.
- The Event shall be arranged in accordance with written information provided to the Hirer by the Provider.
- The Provider will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate the Hirer’s wishes as to any specific details or special requests (including Additional Requirements) or any changes to the Event up to the Final Date.
- Any change of detail must be requested by the Hirer to the Provider in writing. Any such changes are not accepted until the Provider provides written confirmation to the Hirer.
- No changes will be agreed after “the Final Date”.
- The Hirer must confirm the booking by returning to the Provider the following:
- completed and signed Catering Service Booking Form;
- a non-refundable Deposit (subject to clause 14) as detailed on the Catering Booking Form.
- Until bookings are confirmed, the Provider cannot guarantee the availability of a date.
- Acceptance is based on an estimated number of guests.
- The Hirer must confirm the booking by returning to the Provider the following:
- On the Catering Services Booking Form, the Hirer must provide the number of guests to attend the Event.
- No reductions will be made if the actual number of guests attending falls below the number contained in the Final Details. If guest numbers are increased with the agreement of the Provider, additional charges will apply.
- The Event must include food and drink packages for guests during the day and in the evening as outlined in Schedule 3
- Only food and drink purchased from the provider may be consumed on the premises. A charge may be incurred for any food or drink brought onto the premises in the absence of the Providers prior agreement and consent.
- Health & Safety
7.1 We would kindly request that, for insurance purposes, the Hirer ensures that any guest attending the Event who has a disability make themselves known to the Wedding and Events Team upon arrival.
7.2 In accordance with the conditions of our License, we operate a strict “Challenge 25 Policy” in respect of the provision and sale of alcohol. Guests who appear to be under the age of 25 may be asked for proof of age. In the event they are unable to provide this, we reserve the right to refuse to sell them alcoholic beverages. It is recommended that Guests appearing youthful carry ID as proof of age.
7.3 In accordance with the conditions of our License, we operate a “Zero Tolerance Policy” in
respect of drug and solvent abuse which is strictly enforced by our staff. Guests who are in
breach of this regulation may be requested to leave the premises.
7.4 We owe a duty of care to all individuals on site, however, it is the sole responsibility of parents/guardians/carers to ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Access & Times
- Access to the Venue and facilities will be specified below: –
9.30 am Access to the staff car park and outside areas, the Pavilion, Grand Pavilion (where applicable) designated catering areas and kitchen for catering and service providers ONLY.
10.30 am Entertainment Wing available for set up.
11.30 am Access to the Honeymoon Suite for the bride.
11.30 am Access to the venue for remainder of guests.
Access outside these timings, will be at an additional cost and must be by prior arrangement with the Provider, confirmed and agreed in writing in advance, and paid for before the Final Date.
- Overnight Accommodation
- Rooms at the Venue (where applicable) that are required for overnight accommodation will be charged at the appropriate rate.
- Access to the rooms will be from 30 am on the Event Date for the Honeymoon Suite and 1.30pm for all other accommodation unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Rooms at the Venue (where applicable) must be vacated and all personal belongings removed by no later than 9.30 am of the morning following the Event unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- The Provider reserves the right to charge the hirer in respect of any guest who has not vacated their room by the agreed time.
- Bedrooms must be pre-booked by completing the Room Booking Form available from the Venue by the date stated. Any rooms that are not pre-booked by yourselves by this date will be available for your guests to reserve.
- The cost of providing the Standard Goods and/or Services, Catering & Drinks package and Additional Requirements (if applicable) are as quoted in writing by the Provider to the Hirer and confirmed in the Final Invoice.
- Prices will be held firm until the Event unless material circumstances affect the Provider, or the Final Details are amended by the Hirer. If amendments are agreed with the Provider, the price will be subject to increase based on any additional requirements.
All prices are exclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated in writing and are subject to change.
- Provision of Service
The Provider will provide to the Hirer the Event as described in the appropriate written information and the Terms and Conditions. The provider reserves the right to vary the details of the event if the circumstances make it necessary to do so. The Provider shall immediately inform the Hirer of such variation where the Provider deems necessary to do so and where reasonably practicable in the circumstances.
- Payment terms
- All payments to be made by cheque or internet bank transfer.
- All bookings are subject to a ‘Reimbursement Deposit’.
- If there are no Incidental Costs, including damage or unpaid (including Guest) bar tabs, refund of the Reimbursement Deposit will be made promptly but no later than 1 month after the event.
- The Provider reserves the right to deduct from the Reimbursement Deposit any sum to settle Incidental Costs and any other outstanding accounts.
- Any costs above and beyond the Reimbursement Deposit shall be itemised in the Reconciliation Invoice which shall be due for payment within seven days of presentation.
- If any payment is overdue, the Provider may charge Interest. The right to charge Interest is without prejudice to any other rights of the Provider.
- Gratuities are not included and are at the Hirer’s discretion.
- If any payment that has fallen due in accordance with the payment schedule in clause 13.9 has not been made by the due date, we will contact you to authorize payment by internet transfer or credit card payment.
- Payment shall be made in accordance with the following: payment plan set out in the Catering Booking Form. A re-imbursement deposit of £600.00 (inclusive of VAT) along with your final payment based on final numbers is payable 28 days prior to the event.
- If the Provider considers that it is unable to provide the Hirer with the service demanded, then the Provider reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- In the event of a cancellation by the Provider, otherwise than by breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Hirer, the Provider shall refund to the Hirer the whole of the payments made by the Hirer to date.
- Failure by the Hirer to pay any invoice within 7 days of its Due Date shall constitute sufficient cause for the Provider to cancel the booking. Such cancellation is without prejudice to any right the Provider may have for payment. The Hirer shall be entitled to receive at least 48 hours’ notice of the Provider’s intention to cancel the booking in accordance with this clause.
- If, at any time and in addition to clause 14.5, the Hirer cancels the Event, or the Event is cancelled as a result of the Hirer’s failure to make payment then the following will apply:
- ALL Deposits paid are “non-refundable”;
- When the deposit or any other sums are due but not yet paid then such sums are payable within 24 hours.
- If the Hirer cancels the Event, other than as a consequence of the Provider’s serious breach of contract, then the following cancellation fees will become payable within 24 hours: All cancellations must be received in writing by both hirers before this date is released: –
- if cancellation is nine months or more prior to the Event Date the sum of £500 plus VAT;
- if cancellation is more than three months but less than nine months prior to the Event date a sum equal to fifty percent (50%) of the total Event costs, based on the number of attendees stated in the Booking Form subject to any subsequent variation in accordance with clause 3;
- if cancellation is before the Final Date but less than three months prior to the Event Date a sum equal to seventy five percent (75%) of the total Event costs, based on the number of attendees stated in the Booking Form subject to any subsequent variation in accordance with clause 3; or
- if cancellation is on or after the Final Date a sum equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the total Event costs, based on the number of attendees stated in the Booking Form subject to any subsequent variation in accordance with clause 3.
- If the Hirer wishes to change the booking to a different date, the Provider cannot guarantee that the cost will remain the same. The Provider will provide the Hirer with a revised Booking Form which must be agreed, signed and returned to the Provider before the new Event Date is confirmed. The Provider reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee in respect of the original Event Date, limited to the costs and losses incurred as a result of the change of date, but not exceeding the cancellation fees set out in clause 14.5.
- Loss and Damage
- Any property belonging to the Hirer or guests including wedding gifts, clothing, money or valuables are left at the Venue at the Hirer’s risk. Hirers should make their own arrangements to insure such property as the Provider accepts no liability for their loss or damage. The Hirer should plan to remove all belongings prior to leaving the venue.
- The Provider reserves the right to require the Hirer to replace any goods fixtures or other equipment which become lost or damaged either accidentally or wilfully as a result of action taken by the Hirer or his guests and refund to the Provider any Incidental Costs incurred.
- The Provider has provided details of wedding insurance available to the Hirer.
- The Hirer is reminded that the routes to and from the Venue pass through residential areas.
Hirers and their guests are requested to travel through the residential areas having due regard to the comfort of residents and maintain the 10mph speed limit within the grounds. The Provider reserves the right to reduce the noise caused by any amplified or live performance to such a level as the Provider shall deem appropriate. All DJ’s or Bands are required to use the venue sound and PA system. In accordance with the requirements of our Licensing Agreement, the Lakeside Pavilion sound system can be used to a maximum capacity of 95 decibels and the Grand Pavilion to 97 decibels.
- The Hirer and the guests using the Venue do so at his or her own risk and the Provider assumes no liability for any harm to such person(s) resulting from any cause other than the Provider’s gross negligence or wilful misconduct. The Hirer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Provider from and against any claim, loss, damage, complaint and any expense suffered or incurred thereby arising or resulting from personal injury to the Hirer or guests.
- Notwithstanding anything else contained in the contract the Provider shall not be liable to the Hirer or any third party for loss of profits or contracts or any indirect or consequential loss arising from negligence breach of contract or howsoever caused.
The Provider hereby undertakes to provide all the services relating to the Event with reasonable skill and care.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is prohibited by law or judged by a court to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, the provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from these Terms and Conditions and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances of or the validity or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions.
No delay, neglect or forbearance on the part of either party in enforcing against the other party any of these Terms and Conditions shall either be or be deemed to be a waiver or in any way prejudice any right of that party under these Terms and Conditions. No right, power or remedy in these Terms and Conditions conferred upon or reserved for either party is exclusive of any other right, power or remedy available to that party.
- Rights of Third Parties
For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 nothing in this Agreement shall confer or purport to confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term of this Agreement.
- Agency, Partnership
This Agreement shall not constitute or imply any partnership, joint venture, agency, fiduciary relationship or other relationship between the Hirer and Provider other than the contractual relationship expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are personal to the Hirer and the Provider and neither these Terms and Conditions may be assigned by either party without the prior written approval of the other party.
- Proper Law and Jurisdiction
The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the law of England.
STANDARD GOODS AND SERVICES
The following are included in the price as confirmed in the Final Invoice:
The Lakeside Pavilion
The Lakeside Pavilion is a Roder clear span Pavilion which is 12m x 35m and can accommodate up to 220 guests comfortably. It is fully insulated and is lined throughout with ivory flat linings. It has modern state of the art LED mood lighting with dance floor lighting. It has thermostatic controlled heating and cool breeze chillers. The floor is carpeted. The permanent 20ft x 8ft stage is carpeted. There is a white 18ftx 18ft dance floor in front of the stage. At the rear of the Pavilion there is a chill out area with seating and tables. Balustrade fencing and urns are used to section the Pavilion into areas.
The Grand Pavilion
The Grand Pavilion is a 26 x 32m permanent structure which can accommodate up to 650 guests comfortably. It is insulated and lined throughout with ivory Flat Linings. It has thermostatic controlled heating and cool breeze chillers. It has state of the art mood lighting. The floor is carpeted throughout with a 22ft x 8ft stage and white 21 x 18ft dance floor. There are easily accessible modern Ladies and Gents toilet facilities.
Tables and Chairs
The standard tables are 5.6ft round, seating 8-10 guests in the lakeside Pavilion and 6ft round tables seating 10-12 guests. The chairs are all Lime wash Chivali with cream seat pads. There is an oval top table and selection of rectangle trestle tables for use.
Cake stand, Cake knife, Table plan stand.
A cake stands can be provided with a silver cake knife. We also have an easel available to hold your table plan. These items will be made available on request.
As part of our Premises License, we are required to monitor and control sound levels and any Band or performing artists will be required to use the venue sound and PA system.
Alrewas Hayes provides the following Installed Sound Equipment in the Lakeside Pavilion:
4x Nexo PS10 R2 Loudspeakers
2x Nexo LS600 Sub Bass Speaker
2x Camco Vortex 6 Power Amplifiers
1x Nexo PS10 TD V3 Analogue Controller
1x DBX Driverack PA Digital Speaker Controller
1x Yamaha MG124C Mixing Console, with:
6x mono XLR Mic Input, 2x Stereo Inputs and built-in effects
2x Audio Technical ATW-2120 Handheld Radio Transmitter system
We have a list of preferred suppliers who we would highly recommend for your day.
All firework displays are to be provided through Pyrotex fireworx to ensure fire regulations and health and safety for all guests and staff.
We are limited to the number of displays set off throughout the year therefore fireworks are on a first come first serve basis.
Pyrotex Fireworx – 01283 517600- www.pyrotexfireworx.co.uk
Backup generator power system.
All staff provided by Alrewas Hayes are trained to the highest standard to ensure your Event runs smoothly and is a pleasurable experience.
A team of event coordiantors will assist you and your suppliers with advice and guidance during the planning stages and on the day of your event.
Please note: The above does not include any planning with the registrar (if applicable). It is the sole responsibility of the Hirer to make these arrangements for the date of the event.
Additional Requirements are only included if specifically ordered in writing no later than 28 days prior to the Event Date, unless otherwise stated, and confirmed and agreed in writing by the Provider to the Hirer. Any Additional Requirements that are ordered will be invoiced in the Final Invoice unless otherwise agreed.
Information is available for Additional Requirements. However, the following is a guide to the range of additional requests we may accommodate:
Floral arrangements, Bands and Discos, Table Decoration, Wedding Cars, Photographer, Details for Local Accommodation and Production Packages.
The Provider may also be able to supply themed items and props, cream carpet for the Pavilion, draping and additional furniture at an additional hire cost.
DRINKS AND FOOD PACKAGES
The Drinks Package will be supplied by the Provider; this will include all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in the Goods and Services Booking Form.
The Food Package will be supplier by the Provider as agreed in the Goods and Services Booking Form.